Monday 22 March 2010

My Handbag

Here we go! Having been tagged by Snafflesmummy with the handbag meme, it's time for me to face up to the truth of what lurks in the depths of my handbag.

Actually, it's not too bad at the moment. I'm a bit passionate about handbags, and swap from bag to bag fairly regularly, so I have a bit of a clear-out when I do. At the moment I'm travelling light, without my organiser or make-up bag, so this is what's in my handbag as of this morning (photographed on my grotty office carpet!):



From top left we have: a pair of gloves (not needed now it's suddenly nice and warm!), my trusty iPhone in its turquoise case, my large zippable purse (stuffed full of receipts and other useless things), some antibacterial hand gel (essential in both my paid job and my mummying job!), some knitting wool and needles (you never know when I'll have a moment spare), a few letters from the kids' school that need replies sorted out today, my Wonder Woman compact mirror (a lovely gift from one of my best friends), my car keys and a pen. I think that's quite good - I was very honest and photographed absolutely everything in the bag, too. I have to admit that some weeks there would be a LOT more junk than you see here...

And this is my bag itself:



It's a gorgeously soft Mulberry Araline in forest green nappa leather. I love the tassels! Mulberry bags are my weakness - my friend L is addicted to Louboutin shoes and lusts after those, and for me it's Mulberry bags. I think I'm recovering, though - I managed to go into the outlet store in York last week without buying so much as a keyring!

2 comments:

  1. Well you ahve proved me wrong. I was convinved that "Ken" would get his 5 minues of fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would have if I was currently using him! Ken's been relegated.

    ReplyDelete