Wednesday 20 January 2010

A letter from The Boy

Eeeeek. It has been a significantly long time since I updated this blog. I must do better! Every day I get an idea that I think I must blog about, but then things like cooking the dinner and sorting out homework take over, and then I'm all tired and just laze around reading other, more organised peoples' blogs.

Let me provide a bit of background to this post. My son, the Boy, has Issues with weeing. He does have a longstanding kidney problem, but the doctors assure us that this wouldn't affect his bladder control, so basically he's just lazy about going to the loo in time and very often ends up with wet pants. This is uncomfortable - especially in this weather! - and, not to put too fine a point on it, it makes him smell horrible. So The Husband and I have been desperately offering bribes and rewards recently in a vain attempt to help the Boy sort out his wet-pants issues.

Monday's bribe was the promise of half an hour on the Wii Fit if he kept his pants dry at school. Off he trotted through the gates, confidently promising us that he'd stay dry all day...and out he trotted again at home time, damp and stinky. Of course, I calmly said that it was good that he'd tried but he hadn't earned his Wii time. The Boy was very disappointed, and slunk off to his bedroom, while I emptied lunch boxes and started the after-school tidying up operation. A few minutes later, the Boy ran into the kitchen, dropped a piece of paper at my feet and dashed off again. This was what he'd given me:




It reads: "To mummy I am hiding some where in the house intill I can go on the wii today I am sorry I wet my self I must of not gone to the toylette untime".

What mummy's heart could resist it?! I sneaked upstairs and discovered him hiding in the airing cupboard. After a big cuddle and a chat about trying harder the next day, he was allowed some Wii-time (ten minutes). And I don't care if that makes me a softie!

2 comments:

  1. ah bless him. no wonder you couldnt resist that toothless grin. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah poor boy! Toilet training is so difficult. My eldest struggles with it still at 7. By the way, I left you an award over at Skirts and Wellies.

    ReplyDelete