Sunday 3 January 2010

My 2009!

Inspired by Snafflesmummy, I'm doing my 2009 roundup.

It's been a lovely year, all in all. Highlights have been:

- weekends away with friends for their birthdays (in April and in November) at which lots of laughter, shopping and dancing was done;

- seeing Tig graduate from toddler to little girl, complete with full potty training (in July);

- turning 29 and marking the event with weekend-long celebrations which included a trip to Go Ape, a morning at a spa and a party night out;

- my eldest daughter, Egg, passing her 11+ exam (in September), just adding to the huge pride I feel for her;

- watching The Boy develop at school from a shy boy to a confident one, and seeing his academic skills improve exponentially;

- a lovely family holiday in Cornwall (in August) full of sun, happy times and of course a little bit of shopping;

- running a half-marathon (in September), which is something I never thought I would manage - I ran the whole thing, no walking breaks, in a respectable time of 2 hours 24 minutes;

- seeing my brother-in-law and sister-in-law get married in a beautiful ceremony, shortly (but not too shortly!) followed by their exciting pregnancy news;

- seeing one of my best friends meet the man of her dreams and subsequently announce the wonderful news of her pregnancy and engagement;

- and finally a lovely Christmas at our house - which is rare, we usually go to the inlaws'! - which, because of the recent snow, was a perfect picture-book white Christmas. I'm sure the day will go down in the childrens' memories as "the White Christmas" and that just adds to how special it was. We also had a personal visit from "Santa" this year!

Over the year I have been lucky enough to have the support and friendship of my lovely friends, and really they have made the year for me in so many ways. Thank you L, D and J! I'm also grateful as always to my wonderful husband and children, without whom my life wouldn't be my life. Here's to 2010! I hope it has lots of new babies and pregnancies in it (for my friends, NOT for me, oh definitely not for me!) and I plan to do a lot of knitting, running, sewing and baking.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, what a lovely blog post. I had the best 2009 and a lot of that is down to the POEPs. 2010 has a lot to live up to! Loves ya. NLS. L xxxx

    ReplyDelete